Climate Change Economics
Climate change is a pressing policy issue. More severe fires in California and elsewhere, stronger storms, and warmer temperatures in many places serve as evidence of this assertion. In this talk, Dr. Shogren will discuss the economics of addressing Climate Change. These include:
* Understanding the climate challenge as planet insurance
* A look at the costs and benefits of policies to mitigate and adapt to changes
* A discussion of a variety of policy approaches like carbon taxes, cap & trade, R&D
* A look at instances of successful policy implementation
* The future of international climate agreements
Please join us for an enlightening discussion of the economics of Climate Change.